An Oral Health Checkup is a comprehensive examination of the mouth, teeth, gums, and jaws, performed by a dental professional. The purpose of the checkup is to assess the overall health of the oral cavity and to detect and prevent potential problems before they become more serious. A typical oral health checkup will include a thorough cleaning, examination of the teeth, gums, and soft tissues, and an assessment of the bite, jaw joint function, and oral cancer screening.
Benefits of an OHC:
- Early detection and prevention of oral health problems such as cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer.
- Maintenance of good oral hygiene and overall health.
- Protection against painful and costly dental procedures.
- Maintenance of a bright and healthy smile.
- Improved confidence and self-esteem.
Oral health checkups are performed by professional dentists or dental hygienists, who have the necessary training and expertise to identify and diagnose oral health problems. They will recommend appropriate treatment options and provide personalized advice to help you maintain good oral health between visits. Regular oral health checkups, combined with good oral hygiene practices, can help ensure a lifetime of healthy teeth and gums.